Mars Life

5.07.2003

Mother of all holidays

Well, here we are once again approaching the busiest mail day of the year, Mother's Day. When April hits every year, I start to quickly become aware of the string of holidays that are fast approaching. For me, I have Dad's birthday in April, Mother's day in May, Mom's birthday in June, and Father's day, which I always forget the date for until about a week before.

I always go through the same bout with guilt every year, because I honestly never know what to get for my parents. They always say all I need to do is get them a card, and I do, but I know they'd love to be the proud parents of a son who can buy them a new car, or a luxurious trip to the Caribbean, but I've never really been the guy who can do that. Couple that with them paying for my entire college education, add in the fact that I moved halfway across the country after not leaving the state for 25 years, and you've got one guilty feeling son.

I've always considered myself an extremely lucky person to have parents who could provide for me so well. I've always hoped that when I finally do have a child of my own, I'd provide just as well for it as they have for me. I think it's one of the main reasons I turned out as well adjusted as I did. Here's to hoping.

So I'm currently in the middle of the parental holiday block, having moved past Dad's birthday, and I'm still toiling over how to celebrate the upcoming holiday for Mom. I sort of feel like I failed miserably for Dad, I sent a card, called him on the big day, but never got him a gift. He's never wanted a gift in all the times I've asked, but I still can't help but feel as if I should be getting him something.

I do have somewhat of an idea of how to celebrate Mom's day. I told Kerri last night, and she loved it. I mean, she didn't jump up and go through the choreography of her upcoming fight scene, but she thought it was a sweet idea. That said, I think I'm going to go ahead and try and do it. If all goes well, it will be completed by the big day. I'll keep you posted, but since mom reads the old blog, I can't be very specific.

---


Well, that’s about all I’ve got time for today, but I’ve been dying to write a review of the De La show I went to on Friday. Hopefully I’ll be able to get into that tomorrow. Oh, man I can’t wait to break it down.

So until then, stay tuned, there’s more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com