Mars Life

5.06.2003

I'm hella mobile, yo.

So mobile, in fact, that I'm writing this entry on the toilet. You didn't need to know that, but I did feel the need to tell you.

I first got a palm pilot for Christmas in 2000. Before Christmas that year, I had told my mom not to get one for me because I'd never use it. Yes, my mother's stubborn, and she thinks she knows what's best for me. In her defense, she usually ends up being right, after I stubbornly kick and scream for a little while. You know, usual mother/son stuff.

Anyway, I was sort of right about the whole palm pilot claim I made. I kept it around all the time, and from time to time I'd put an appointment or a phone number in it, but I was never really consistent with it. I was even more inconsistent at syncing it to my pc. It got to be a normal occurrence that my batteries would run down, I wouldn't sync it quick enough, and then when I finally got around to changing them, I'd have lost all my personal data. Ugh.

Recently, however, my coworker Karen got a new palm tungsten. Finally I got to see these new, fancy, hi-resolution color handhelds in action. I immediately knew what to do with my bonus. Ebay probably heard me coming a mile away.

I ended up settling on the Sony Clie SJ33. I was ecstatic with the deal I got on ebay mostly because of the 64MB memory stick that came with it. It perfectly fit my criteria due to the Documents To Go software that came with it. Now I can work on MS Word (this journal entry) and Excel files on the go.

I'm not sure if it's a placebo or an actual solution to my slacker tendencies, but I sure feel a lot more productive and organized. Hell, it's the main reason I've been updating! Oh, and by the way, no, I wasn't on the can the whole time, mainly just for that sentence.

Until next time, I'm completely confident in promising more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com