Mars Life

2.10.2003

And once again, as infrequent as always... notes on my life!

The RoxBox benefit done happenned, homeys. So did the birthday (yesterday, 27, yayyyyy!!) so now it's back to regular old day to day life. Ah, day to day life. It doesn't stop while you're busy with other things, it just seems a whole hell of a lot less important.

The benefit was a great time. It felt really good to show others our work, finally. We've been talking about this stuff we've been doing for a while now, but we haven't really had any outlet to show a whole bunch of friends and peers at once. That's what I'd say was the best part about the whole thing. The numbers could've been better, but I'm not too worried about that yet, I'm more concerned with learning from this experience. This is the first function we've held as a collective, so I've noticed ways we could improve. Perhaps I'll speak a bit more about that when we start planning our next function.

So I'm 27. I couldn't think of a lot that was significant about this age. I guess that'll happen more and more as the years slip by. It is three to the third power however, something I'm sure pleases Kerri, as she thoroughly loves the divinity and magic of the three. So like a month or so ago, I find myself benchmarking my life again. Where I had goals on the new year, I look to those goals again now that I'm another year older.

I have been writing this past month, but I don't know that I exactly hit my 5,000 word per month goal I set down for myself. But I'm not discouraged. I'm 25 pages into my screen play, I've got an actual link to my journal out there, I have plenty of reason to write, I'm just working on actually doing it.

I've started to toy around with Flash MX now too. I'd really like to make cartoons, as Kerri and I would love to do voices for them, and always have these fabulously stupid and childish plot ideas. I like the control that an animated feature provides too, I would love to become efficient enough to do one. That's well down the line, but on the radar, nonetheless. I can see myself buying a book soon, but they all so damn expensive. Got to pick the right one, you know.

Well, perhaps more in a few days on the exciting chronicles of Mars learning flash animation, or struggling to write, or picking up a new hobby / talent, or maybe just something completely different.

Until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com