Mars Life

3.01.2005

Horray for Geeks

Wil Wheaton kicks ass. I'll just say it. Stand By Me has always been one of my favorite movies. For a long time it was actually my number one favorite, I'm just not sure I can say that anymore with other great classics out there. I haven't made a list in a long time, but it's definitely up there if not at the top. Regardless, that and the fact that I used to be a big Star Trek: The Next Generation fan were the main reasons he's always held a special place in my heart.

That is, until about 2 years ago or so when I found out he's been keeping a fairly popular blog online, which was about when my blog was getting up and running. Needless to say, this just elevated the fine young Mr Wheaton in my eyes. After reading for a bit, I found out he's a bit of a Texas Hold'em nut, and an incredibly self-aware writer, unashamed of geek status, and happily living as a family with his wife and step-children out in California. Huzzah for Wil! Don't let Hollywood's fickle nature of assigning "has-been" status get you down!

Well, his image got yet another upgrade in my eyes when I saw he had a spot on one of VH1's specials, "My Coolest Years: Geeks". I got to thinking this was quite a promising feature for Wil to play, as VH1 seems to be the network for up-and-comers and rebounders to sit and crack wise in front of a video camera for cheap collage-style programming these days. With all that judgement of WW happening, imagine my surprise when I saw this morning that Wil will be in an upcoming episode of CSI. Good for him.

Now if I could only get some decent publicity to my blog and get some recognition off it, so I could quit analyzing data by day, we'd be all set here.

More to come.

1 Comments:

  • I haven't read WW blog in awhile. I can't believe they are cancelling Enterprise. I mean, Scott Bakula! Hello!

    Maybe they need to pump up the temporal cold war story more. Where did that go? Every week they could show Bakula going back in time to help someone in trouble.

    I just found out ted nugent has a blog, I'm going to go check that out, it should be hilarious.

    By Blogger Pluto's Dad, at 3/02/2005 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com