Mars Life

2.25.2005

RSS like a muhfugg

So my buddy Jason Pettus (he's also set up a blogger account recently) has been getting into Bloglines and RSS feeds lately. It's funny, because I've been really interested in them lately too. What's even better is that he doesn't have a day job and therefore spends hours scouring relevent documentation and explaining it on his blog, and I reap the benefits by learning how to implement something I've wanted to for a while, namely setting up my own list of feeds to follow on my dusty Bloglines account.

So I've started, and it's pretty awesome. The main goal is to have one place, a virtual home base, if you will, to go to to get new content to read so I don't have to be surfing to a bunch of different sites all the time. So far I've got feeds for design jobs, community blogs, individual blogs, and improviser blogs. Cool cool stuff. I wish there was some way to also get this via my AvantGo subscription, though I'm not sure if it's possible. That would be great because I'd be able to sync up in the morning and read the previous day's content throughout the day.

Eh, I'm slowly getting myself reaccustomed to existence on the intarweb, I sort of wish I had never really stepped away for a bit. Maybe if that was the case I'd have my own personal website with examples of my work set up, which I'm intermittently in the process of doing right now. Sigh.

In any event, short entry for today I guess. Perhaps next week I'll have an update on the animation project I'll be starting that includes a cigar-smoking duckbilled platypus.

More to come.

5 Comments:

  • Hey, thanks for the mention! Van Halen Fucking Rocks! (I don't know, I couldn't think of anything better to say.)

    By Blogger Jason Pettus, at 2/25/2005 3:35 PM  

  • hey cool you are on the web

    I found that starting my site forces me to write every day which I tried for years and never did. So now.. I actually have a few sketches finished and am thinking of putting a show together this summer, which I have wanted to do for a longtime but finally have material.

    Yeah RSS is cool. I use my.yahoo.com but it is hours behind. Esp now that I find I mainly read blogs for my news sources. I didn't used to consider them news but after all the constant scandals in the media, it all seems about the same.

    By Blogger Pluto's Dad, at 2/26/2005 9:13 PM  

  • This is awesome:
    It is a google hack. Put in the first half of a sentence, and it will complete it by searching for the words. It comes up with hilarious shit.

    http://douweosinga.com/projects/googletalk

    So far I tried "President Bush is a" and it came back with "liar by nature"

    I tried "Chris Rock is a " and it came back with "comedian" which was not so funny.

    But other people posted what they got.

    By Blogger Pluto's Dad, at 2/28/2005 3:59 PM  

  • It is down right now I think it has been crushed by traffic

    By Blogger Pluto's Dad, at 2/28/2005 4:03 PM  

  • Hey I thought your last name was ... different. Did you deliberatley not post it, or is Kerri misleading us? Or did she merge them together?

    If she merged them, that would account for them being so close, I kept thinking "wow that is so weird to meet someone with almost the same not common name" :-)

    I am supposed to be working

    By Blogger Pluto's Dad, at 2/28/2005 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com