Mars Life

9.19.2005

second surgery... not so fun. TV... awesome.

So I had a cyst removed on Friday. Suck suck suck. In any event, I'm doing fine and dandy, though still sore at the site of removal. Guess your worst, and you're probably right (it's about 50/50 with a hint like that).

However, we've got two weeks of Simpsons under our belt, along with Family Guy and American Dad. Last night''s Family Guy was so extremely random it was crazy. It was almost like an exercise in disbelief-suspension unmatched by previous episodes. Craaaazy. They push the bestiality envelope further with the Lois/Brian tension, Peter starts the episode as a sailor, overall, it was really "bitty" as the improviser world would reference it.

So here we parade in to a big week of premieres, the premiere of Arrested Development is tonight, the premiere of Lost is on Thursday, and I couldn't be happier to have a big ol' Tivo waiting to get them all recorded. One thing I may regret about this season, though, is the new addiction the wife and I have developed to fox's "Prison Break". Oddly enough, we had a similar run-in with Fox and Dominic Purcell's previous team-up, John Doe. See, the show has a cool enough plot (Pettus gives some good background here) that I really want to keep watching to see how the logistics of this whole break-out scenario work, but the writing is just godawful, and some of the acting as well (though of course, it seems as if the acting may be suffering from outside influences like bad writing and/or bad directing). Eh, I assume we'll keep it on the Tivo season pass until it just gets too unbearable. That's how we handled John Doe, too. So give us your worst, Fox, we'll stand by and watch.

More to come. Hopefully, a report on the MoistBoyz from Friday night.

1 Comments:

  • Mars gets feisty when coming off of sedatives post surgery. It's cute.

    Prison Break is hurting my head. I saw some of the worst acting ever last night. I know about Hollywood and "type" and "look" but I also know how to act. Frankly, I think it's far better choice to choose someone who can act even if they don't look as much like the ethnic techie they had dreamed of in their head. My patience is waning.

    By Blogger K San, at 9/20/2005 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com