Mars Life

9.01.2005

Good ol' sitemeter. Faithful sitemeter.

Yeah, the statistics at the bottom of the page may not be uber-impressive, but I've been compiling them for years. It's cool! This free little feature from sitemeter has allowed me to see how my blog is being viewed over time, where people are coming from geographically, referentially (?... referred from what site, that is), how long they stick around, who their ISP is, etcetera, etcetera. Sitemeter's some cool junk.

So, along with sitemeter's help, I can report what I believe is a never before reached feat for me! Namely, I have gone a whole month where at least one person has visited this site every day. I know it's really a non-honor, but I thought it was pretty neat. Cool! However, who the heck are these people? I know my friends come here occasionally, and I link to my blog on message boards I post at, and all my emails link to it in my signature, but I still think in order for me to achieve this honor, there have to be people out there visiting who I have no idea of.

I'm throwing it out to you, mystery readers... make yourself known in the comments! Tell me where you blog! Email me a little tiny bio at planetfour(at)gmail(dot)com! Tell me what it's like on the west coast*! Whatever, entertain me!

*I know there were 3 visitors from California today even! And whoever works up at Northwestern U, I've got my sitemeter eyes pointed directly at you.

I promise more (and better) to come

2 Comments:

  • Ok, I found you from MY site meter (someone must have been hitting next blog). The only reason I bothered to even look at your site was that photograph of yourself in front of the cheese castle sign-what are the odds of recognising that?

    My blog is at www.whynotresist.blogspot.com

    Shoot, now I have to bookmark you and plow through the archives.

    By Blogger Goody, at 9/01/2005 7:35 PM  

  • Mars,

    I hate to bust up your expectant delight, but I am guessing I am your mystery visitor who glides in via the Northwestern network. Right from 339 E. Chicago Avenue, across from the rich folks' running track by the lake.

    Which means Northwestern probably knows where I lurk as well.

    Super.

    By Blogger Mego, at 9/02/2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com